Brain Structures and Functions in Human. For this assignment, you are tasked with completing a 6-8-page paper that addresses the major structures of the brain and the influence these have….
Workplace diversity and corporate culture
Workplace diversity and corporate culture. Organizations often have a “corporate culture” or very identifiable values, traits, or markers in the organization. They have a certain kind of environment, norms of behavior or “reputation” that is known. Can you think of any examples??
A concept that requires an individual to consider the actions, traits, and beliefs within their own cultural context to gain a better perspective on their attitude and understanding of another’s culture (maintaining objectivity, not judging other’s values and beliefs as “good” or “bad”).
Sociologists categorize generational groups into cohorts- members of a generational time span who are linked by shared life events and experiences in their formative years. Leaders in organizations have to manage a multi-generational workforce. Each generation reacts to the other – may deem values and behaviors of others as “flawed” instead of culturally different.
The Leadership Reflection Assignment should be 3–4 paragraphs in length to a minimum of 500 words in length.
Select a current peer-reviewed article in nursing, health care, or a related field on workplace diversity or cultural competence and write a summary of the article’s important points, and discuss the article’s relevance to creating a diverse workplace and nursing leadership.
Please ensure that you select an article published within the last five years.
This annotated bib review should be 3-4 paragraphs in length. You should write a total of 250-500 words for the entire assignment.
- Center for the Health Professions (2002). Toward Culturally Competent Care: a Tool Box for Teaching Communication Strategies. San Francisco: University of California.
- Huber, D. (2015). Leadership in Nursing Care Management (4th edition) chapter 13. Missouri: Saunders Elsevier.
- Marquis, B. & Huston, C. (2014). Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing (7th edition). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott.
- Porter O’Grady, T. & Malloch, K. (2014). Quantum Leadership (5th edition). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
(1) WEBSITES: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality=www.ahrq.gov, Healthy People 2010=www.healthypeople.gov The Joint Commission= www.jointcommission.org, National Center for Healthcare Leadership=www.nchl.org
(2) Culture, Language and Health Literacy HRSA website =
American Hospital Association (2004), Strategies for Leadership: Does your hospital reflect the community it serves?
American Public Health Association (2010), Advocacy & policy: Eliminating health disparities.