Week 1 – HRManagement Simulation: Practice & Summary
While the simulation (https://www.interpretive.com/) is in practice mode, you can earn points for submitting practice decisions and writing up a summary of how your practice decisions impacted your performance outcomes. The practice simulation is set up to allow you the ability to enter decisions for two quarters and you can tell it to restart as well as replay. This means that while this assignment requires two rounds of decisions, you are not limited to two rounds. You may continue to practice.
- After you’ve entered a company name you’ll see the decision categories in the left column.
- Enter your decisions for staffing, wages, benefits, and training (programs and the special decision is optional), making sure to save them and lock them.
- When you’re ready, click on the “advance” button at the bottom of the screen. It will ask you if you’re sure and tell you that it can’t be undone but the practice simulation will allow you to replay each quarter three times. Additional information will be given to you in the pop-up messages in the simulation.
- After you advance you’ll be in the second quarter and you can see the impact of your first quarter’s decisions by looking at the Dashboard. If you do not advance you will not be able to see the impact of of your decisions.
- Go back to step 3 and enter another round of decisions. After you’ve entered your second round of decisions, advanced, and looked at your Dashboard to see the impact, you’re ready to write up your summary.
- If you need to go back and look at your Quarter 1 decisions go back to Quarter 1. If you need to look at the results of Quarter 1 then look at the Dashboard in Quarter 2 (as that shows the results of your Quarter 1 decisions).
Part 2: Summary
- Write up a summary of the impact your first round of decisions had on the performance metrics in your Dashboard and a summary of the impact of your second round. Also include a summary of the messages you received in the Dashboard. Your summary should be approximately 100-150 words for each decision round.