As we have discussed, taxes are certain, but as we have seen in 2017, tax laws can quickly change. In fact, they change every year, with 2017-2018 being one….
“up in the air” movie analysis paper
1. Purpose: Recognize the importance of various influences on communication and analyze the process that occurs as a relationship is established, grows, and changes.
· In this context, relationship means the state or character of being interrelated: connected.
· This analysis is about the state of affairs existing between people who have dealings with each other.
2. Content Directions:
· Select a major scene from a movie where there is dyadic (two people communicating) interaction.
· Watch the whole film and the scene several times observing theory – principles – concepts.
· Identify the following IN THE SCENE YOU CHOOSE:
o Chapter #1: All parts of the Communication Model
o Chapter #2: The perception process at work in the scene
Apply impression formation processes to one character in your scene
o Chapter #3: Show how aspects of cultural differences are at work in the scene
o Chapter #5: Identify and discuss aspects of nonverbal communication observed
o Chapter #6: Apply the 4 parts of the (self disclosure) Johari Window to one character
Apply Dimensions & Stages of a Relationship
o Chapter #7: Stages / Dimensions and Active Listening Process
3. Paper Writing Directions:
· Typed 4 – 6 page paper – double spaced – Times New Roman – 12 pt font size – 1” margins – APA
· Identify: the communication phenomena observed in the scene
· Required: Concepts and terms from the text book must be used in writing your paper.
· UnderlineOR Boldeach key termused within the paper. Use APA style to reference page number.
4. Analysis Outcome = A critical analysisof a lengthy movie scene in essay form (50 points)
· NOT a chronological description of events
· Goals: Reader fully understands the characters and their relationship
Clarity of each concept that IS or IS NOT at work in the scene
Concepts correctly interpreted and applied
· Organization: Use a sectionalizedformat:
o Introduction(includes scene description):
§ Attention material + identification of relevant characters + major film plot /premise
§ Thesis statement + previews (points) primary concepts discussed in the paper
o Analysis: of communication and specific application of communication principles.
§ Identify the major principles/concepts and support these with specific movie example
§ Draw links to concepts and the factors that influence our communication w/ others
o Evaluation: How do you think you would do in this type of relationship?
o Conclusion: Brief Summary