Many Renaissance artists sketched preliminary studies for larger works. These drawings were studies from life: a bird wing, the profile of a face, light and shadow on fabric, etc…..
U6D2-24 – Explain the Research, the value and provide summaries examples of succession planning in public administration…see details attached
• Reflect on the readings for this unit and the research you did earlier in this unit.
• Explain the value of succession planning in public administration.
• Provide summaries of the historical examples of successes or failures in succession planning you located
• Explain what factors, in your opinion, contributed to those successes or failures.
U6S1 Study 1 – Readings
• Barnett, R., & Davis, S. (2008). Creating greater success in succession planning. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 10 (5), 721–739.
Use the Internet and the Research library to locate two examples of the success or failure of succession planning in a public organization at the local, state, federal, or non-profit level. You will use these examples to support your position in a discussion later in this unit.
• Gill, F. (2013). Succession planning and temporality: The influence of the past and the future. Time & Society, 22(1), 76–91.
Unit 6 – Succession Planning – INTRODUCTION
Knowing that there are many diverse skills scattered among the staff of an organization, it is important for the human resources manager to appreciate the need for succession planning that assures the skills needed for the
organization will not be lost if any employee leaves the organization. In this unit, you will approach succession planning as a survival technique.
Also in this unit, you will work on creating the job description section of your job design project complete with a classification plan that motivates the employee to become a high performer for your new service offering.
Finally, you will look at ethics when under pressure and appreciate the inputs that can cause a breakdown in morality and ethics on the job. Understanding pressures may help you guide others out of problems created by pressures.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Explore the ethics of public human resource management based on contemporary theories.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the process of job design.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the practice of succession planning in your organization to assure survivability.