This discussion will focus on analyzing the issues surrounding the collaborative efforts of scientific experts and police investigative experts in locating and evaluating clandestine graves or other atypical situations involving the discarding and/or hiding of deceased victims.
Explain how these experts’ process and retrieve trace evidence with an emphasis on contemporary specialized techniques concerning clandestine graves.
Analyze the accepted methodologies that are employed concerning crime scene management in light of the areas of expertise of the various participating experts.
Prior to completing this discussion, please read the required resources for this week; the article by Sanders ( https://www.wired.com/2010/08/corpse-detection/ ), the article by Costandi ( https://www.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2015/may/05/life-after-death ), and visit the Necrosearch, Intl. website ( http://necrosearch.org/index.html )
Using a minimum of two scholarly and/or professional sources , identify one example where a consortium of scientific experts or individual scientific expert(s) worked in conjunction with law enforcement to locate and identify a clandestine grave and determine the nature of the expertise they provided.
Create an initial post of a minimum of 250 words in length.
Based on your researched example,
1. evaluate the various areas of expertise that might be required in an investigation where the specific location of the body is initially not known to investigators.
2. Analyze the knowledge, skills and abilities that a scientific expert would bring to the investigation.
3. Identify a source within your community or your state where you might locate an expert in this particular science.
4. Evaluate the use of established consortiums of scientific experts and how they could be utilized in a death investigation.
5. Evaluate any problems you identify within your researched example in utilizing these types of team investigative efforts
In text citing