Observe a small group or team–such as an office team, sports team, work environment, church group, family gathering, hobby group, or support group–and take copious notes regarding the interactions….
Statement of purpose
Essay 500 words.
1. Explain your goals and expectations for pursuing the DNP-Mental Health program.
2. Provide relevant examples of educational and career paths that are in alignment with the specialty track chosen. (Nurse Educator, AGNP, FNP, PNP, PMHNP, WHNP) and your understanding of the role of a Nurse Educator or Nurse Practitioner.
3. Outline your plan of action to be successful in this program: (This is a 100% online course. Give a plan of action to be successful on this program)
4. Describe how you plan to apply your DNP education to influence healthcare outcomes: (I would like to focus on creating a Non-profit organization for our war veterans with Mental Health disabilities)
– Essay should be a minimum of 500 words.
– Essays should reflect scholarship and depth.
– Essays should use appropriate literature and citations to support main
points, demonstrating correct APA format.
– Cite from at least two Evidence Based Practice articles that identify the issue’s problem.
– Includes reference to AACN essentials.
I am working as a charge nurse in a Psychiatric Mental Health unit. I graduated from Florida National University with a BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing). It was a very challenging and rigorous program. I had to do clinical rotations at hospital floors every week to complete a total of 150 hrs per semester. During my clinical rotation experience I felt a connection with Psych -Mental health specialty in particular, and this is one of the reasons I want to pursue the DNP in Mental Health.
I am very passionate about mental health nursing, and it was my experiences in the behavioral facilities that inspired me to pursue a career in this specialty. I thoroughly enjoy working with this patient population and have the maturity, patience, and understanding to be successful in this position.
I encountered mental health and chemical dependency issues in nearly every clinical rotation completed including Medical/Surgical, Oncology, Long Term Care, and Emergent Care. I feel strongly that there is a severe shortage of mental health services available in our communities.