This week we are going to discuss issues about women and the sex industry. You will be required to read the following materials and answer the questions below:
https://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21611074-how-new-technology-shaking-up-oldest-business-more-bang-your-buck (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
https://prostitution.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000772 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
http://time.com/5104951/sex-workers-me-too-movement/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Instructions_Answer the following questions and respond to two peers:
1. How has prostitution changed today, according to the story by the economist?
2. How prevalent is prostitution around the world? Were you surprised? Why or why not?
3. Why are sex workers being left out of the Me Too Movement?
4. What’s the pro’s and con’s of prostitution.
5. What is your position. Should prostitution be legalized? Why or Why not? Explain