Case 2 Jamie Paliath worked as a real estate agent for Home Town Realty of Vandalia, LLC (the principal, a real estate broker). Torri Auer, a California resident, relied….
Course-Level Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
For all Assessments, the following general requirements hold:
(1) Assignments should be 2-3 double-spaced pages, with reasonable (12 pt.) font and reasonable (1 inch) margins.
(2) Citations to the material are required; in-text citations are preferred (MLA style).
SLO #2: Political Parties and Interest Groups. 70% of students will successfully research and evaluate how these intermediaries make their views known to government and try to influence public policy. [ SLO #2 fulfills the following Program Level Outcomes: Communication, Critical Thinking, Social and Personal Responsibility, as well as the following Course Level Outcomes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8.] Activity for assessment:
2) This part of the course included sessions on political parties and interest groups. Parties and groups are intermediaries—each is a way in which people can make their views known to government and can try to influence public policy. In your view, which parties or groups—has the greater influence on government policy? Explain the basis for your conclusion.
Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:(PLO: 1.1,2,5,6)
1: Communication Skills-to include effective development, interpretation and expression of ideas through written, oral and visual communication
1.Written: Process and produce effective written communication adapted to the audience, purpose, and time constraints.
2: Critical Thinking Skills-to include creative thinking, innovation, inquiry, and analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information
5: Personal Responsibility-to include the ability to connect choices, actions, and consequences to ethical decision-making
6: Social Responsibility- includes intercultural competence, knowledge of civic responsibility, and the ability to engage effectively in regional, national, and global communities.
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:(CLO: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8)
1. Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
3. Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the federal government.
5. Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
7. Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
8. Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics