Conducting a Literature Review on a Theoretical/Conceptual Framework.
A literature review is a written approach to examining published information on a particular topic. In addition to reviewing literature on the problem or phenomenon, researchers must also conduct an exhaustive literature review on the selected theory or conceptual framework. You will conduct a review of literature to create a foundation and justification for your research and demonstrate knowledge on the selected theory or conceptual framework.
To prepare for this Assignment, review this week’s Learning Resources, and conduct a literature search in the Walden Library for articles where the author(s) grounded their study within the “same” theoretical/conceptual framework you propose for your Doctoral Study. Focus only on full-text, scholarly or peer-reviewed articles or doctoral studies/dissertations so that you have six (three quantitative and three qualitative) viable scholarly sources. Be sure to review Section 1.14 of the Doctoral Study Rubric and Research Handbook, provided in this week’s Required Readings, for further details of literature reviews and their requirements.
Review on a Theoretical/Conceptual Framework
By Day 7
Submit a 4- to 5-page literature review (comprising of six articles minimum; three quantitative and three qualitative) to include critical analysis and synthesis, as appropriate, related to your theoretical/conceptual framework.
Note: This is not an “annotated bibliography” Assignment.
Note: Be sure to use the APA Course Paper Template to complete this Assignment. Also, refer to the Week 3 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK3Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 3 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK3Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.