MUST BE ORIGINAL & PASS SAFE ASSIGN Assignment 2: Avon Products a Case Study From the Goldsmith & Carter textbook, select either the Avon Products (Chapter 1) ATTACHED case study….
1) Select one type of cryptography or encryption and explain it in detail. Include the benefits as well as the limitations of this type of encryption. Your summary should be 2-3 paragraphs in length and uploaded as a TEXT DOCUMENT. Click the link above to submit your work. There is an EXAMPLE attached to show you the format requirements.
What is most important is that you use YOUR OWN WORDS to summarize the news article. It is essential that you do not copy text directly from the Internet. Plagiarism is unacceptable. You can easily avoid this by rephrasing the contents and summarizing it using your own words.
Be sure ti include your reference citation.
2) After responding to the weekly discussion topic on FOOTPRINTING, you now have an idea as to how to conduct a digital investigative project. For this assignment, you are asked to develop your own crime scenario. Explain the incident that occurred, and then list the steps you would follow to solve this case (examples might include: a lost child, an unauthorized charge on your credit card, an unidentified charge made with your EZ PASS, etc.).
3) Select one network scanning software tool (there is a list in your required reading slides) and explain in detail how it works and how detects network vulnerabilities. Provide the site where you obtained your information and include that in your assignment write-up.
4) Visit the “whois” website (https://www.whois.com/whois/). Find out who owns the site, who manages the site, the site creation date, the registry expiry date, and where they are located (what country) for each of the following sites:
1) New England College
3) Bank of America, Bank of India, or Your bank
4) One more (your choice)
5) Locate an article on a system breach (Target stores, Sony Pictures, US Government, and many more).In 2-3 paragraphs, briefly explain the situation and what kind of information was compromised. How large was the breach and how long did it take to find the problem. Include a link to any of your Internet resources.