presentation for a public health conference on a chronic disease or health issue. Your team has been asked to develop a presentation for a public health conference on a chronic disease or health issue of your choice. You have been asked to develop a poster presentation and provide a speech. You know very little about this conference or the needs for the presentation and speech. You and your team will be required to conduct some research to identify the requirements for this request. Some possible topics to consider for the presentation include the following:
• Vaccine-preventable diseases (measles, mumps, varicella).
• Heart disease.
• Other topics (check with your instructor to confirm your choice is a good one).
presentation for a public health conference on a chronic disease or health issue
Complete the following steps for this assignment:
• Develop questions to obtain information about audience needs and desires and provide some follow-up questions based on the responses received. Create some potential answers you might receive in response to your questions.
• Analyze the data needed, socioeconomic issues to be considered, and language issues related to developing a presentation on a public health topic. Identify steps needed to complete this analysis.
• Creates a project plan that lists the tasks required to develop a presentation. Prioritize the tasks in the plan.
• Analyze strengths and weaknesses, including cultural proficiency, related to planning a presentation on a public health topic. Identify ways to minimize the effects of the weaknesses.
• Use the Project Plan Template to complete your project plan.
Note that you will not be developing the materials for the speech and presentation. Instead, you are developing a plan to get these items completed. You must identify the tasks and deliverables as well as the person responsible for completing each task. You will need to consider the following in your project plan:
• Topic to be covered.
• Data to be collected (related to the topic).
o Incidence or prevalence.
• Related biological or genetic factors that affect a population’s health.
• Any analysis needed.
o Needs assessments to be completed.
• Socioeconomic issues to be considered.
• Visuals that need to be included.
• Partnerships – which stakeholders should you connect with to get the needed information?
• Tasks required to develop the poster presentation.
• Tasks required to develop the speech.
When you have completed your project plan, write a brief analysis of your own strengths and weaknesses in regards to completing the tasks on the project plan (including your cultural proficiency). Which tasks do you feel prepared to do and which tasks will you find more challenging to complete and why?