Phoenix Opioid Use
This assignment will involve assessment of the scope of illicit opioid use problems (illicit pharmaceutical opioids, heroin, non-pharmaceutical fentanyl, etc.) in the local community you reside, focusing on the county or city -level data. The report should also include an overview of the associated local policy, prevention or intervention measures and resources that exist in the local communities to address opioid use problems. Your report should include information to address the following key content areas:
- Section 1: Introducing the area.Include a brief description and basic demographic information of the area that your report is focusing on.
- Section 2: Describing the data sources. Include a brief description of the data sources that you are using on the local opioid use trends. Include details such as the year when the data were collected and geography that it covers (e.g., county-level data, state-level?)
- Section 3: Describing the trends.What current data (or the latest available reports) show about the local (county or city level) opioid use trends and associated problems? Discuss different types of opioids, if such information is available. Include information about indicators of concurrent opioid and other drug use. What is the overall trend of opioid use indicators? What information is available about the socio-demographic characteristics of individuals who use non-prescribed pharmaceutical opioids, heroin, fentanyl-type drugs?
- Section 4. Comparing to national trends.How do local data compare to available national indicators of opioid use and associated adverse consequences, such as overdose deaths ?
- Section 5. Available services and resources.Describe local policy initiatives, substance use treatment services, harm reduction and other services that are available at the local level to address the harms associated with opioid use and to hep people recover. Reflect on what additional resources and services are needed.