Advanced practice nurse role in quality improvement inclusive of shaping health policy. Integrate project management strategies and skills needed to be successful in managing a quality initiative.Utilize scientific rigor in….
Organizational Risk Management Interview
Organizational Risk Management Interview. Select a local health care organization where you can conduct an interview with an employee who is involved in risk management processes.
Select a local health care organization where you can conduct an interview with an employee who is involved in risk management processes. This organization can be your current employer or a different health care facility in your community. Acute care, urgent care, large multi‐provider private medical clinics, assisted living facilities, and community/public health clinical facilities are all ideal options to complete the requirements of this assignment. Select an individual who can provide sufficient information regarding how their organization manages risk within its facility to answer the questions below.
- Risk management strategies used in the organization’s risk control program, along with specific examples.
- How the facility’s educational risk management program addresses key professional, legal, and ethical issues, such as prevention of negligence, malpractice litigation, and vicarious liability.
- Policies the facility has implemented that address how to manage emergency triage in high‐risk areas of health care service delivery (e.g., narcotics inventories, declared pregnancy policies, blood-borne disease sector, etc.).
- Challenges the organization faces in managing and controlling high-risk health care (e.g., infectious diseases, nuclear medicine, abortion, class 4 narcotics/opioids, etc.).
- Strategies the facility utilizes to monitor, evaluate, and maintain compliance within its risk management program.
- An assessment of the organization’s risk management program, including how it attends to high-risk health care and legal concerns.
- Action steps you would take to improve one area of the organization’s risk management program, along with your rationale for doing so.
- Cite appropriate references as needed to support your statements and rationale.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.