Southwest Airlines Business Model. Southwest Airlines has achieved tremendous growth since its inception. Southwest is known for its unique business model. Unlike other airlines, Southwest focuses on efficient operations and….
Nurse’s role in management and leadership in healthcare
Nurse’s role in management and leadership in healthcare settings. Leadership and Management are currently emphasized within health care as important aspects of the nurse‘s role. This document aims to address some of the issues but cannot cover all relevant material. The focus here is on understanding what we may mean by these two words.This is also an attempt at investigating the context in which nurse work. If the context is not understood then some of the tools used by nurse leaders, e.g. the PDSA model of quality improvement, may result in small useful changes but leave wider structural issues untouched.
Differentiate between leadership and management. Appraise the nurse’s role in management and leadership in healthcare settings and the environment. Examine structure, function, philosophy, mission, values, vision, and the politics of healthcare organizations for their effect on personal, professional, cultural, and environmental risks. Utilize evidence-based research in leadership and management theory and practice including laws, guidelines, and procedures used to make management decisions in the fiscal and human resource realms.
Nurse’s role in management
Use effective communication and interpersonal skills with clients, members of the interdisciplinary team, and consumers to manage conflict, motivate, problem-solve, and act as a change agent. Employ principles of quality management to address patient safety, outcomes, and nursing performance/satisfaction in the continuum of healthcare settings. Debate the impact of economics, government regulation, market competition, and informatics on planning, performance, operation, and services within the healthcare system.
- Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- – Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to the professional application.
- – Provide evidence (citations and references) to support your statements and opinions. Responses to these questions are due … .
- All references and citations should in APA format.