Unit 1: Introduction to LGBTQ+ life and leadership Reading material: 1. Social Justice Terminology 2. Diversity and Social Justice Glossary 3. Mapping the margins: Intersectionality, identity politics, and violence….
libary help class
Ok, now it’s time to finish your final project. After doing all the homework assignments, much of your project work is actually already done. Now you just need to do a few more things to put it all together.
You’ve already created a research topic and assembled a team of sources that you could use to answer your topic/question. You are now going to create a short skeleton/outline of a ‘mockup’ paper in APA format.
1) Download my example project word document and replace my references at the end with a citation for each of your four chosen sources from homework #7. Make sure the citations are in correct APA format. If you’d like to work from the citations you submitted in Homework 8 and don’t want to go through that whole homework again to retrieve them, log in here and then come back here and click on this link).
2) Replace my title with your question. Notice that the title occurs in several places- I’ve made them purple so you can find them all.
3) In the body, write at least 2 sentences for each of your four sources (if you forget what sources you used, go here). Your sentences(s) should summarize why your source is useful and what unique value it brings to your team. Don’t just tell me what the source is about, tell me about what type of source it is and how you’d use it to help answer your question. You do not need to write a whole paper, just your justifications for the usefulness of each source.
4) Include an in-text citation when you mention each source. See my Class 9 slides for information about date-only and name + date in-text citations.
For each in-text citation that only has the date in parenthesis, color the sentence blue.
For each in-text citation that has both names and the date in parenthesis, color the sentence red.
For each in-text citation that uses a quote in quotation marks ( ” ” ), color the sentence green (even if it would have otherwise been blue or red). Remember that when you quote a source, the in-text citation should include a page number (unless your source has no page numbers).
You must have at least one sentence of each color.
5) At the end (in the conclusion), replace my purple text with a brief summary of your team of sources, what you think makes it strong, and with anything you think would make it stronger.
If anything other than the bibliography is not colored (that is, it’s in black), you don’t need to change it or do anything to it.
The end result will be a very short (and colorful!) ‘mock’ paper in APA format, demonstrating that you were able to identify a research question, find sources to conduct research, and properly format citations and paper structure in APA. If you were writing a real paper, you’d of course need to read your sources, do more research, fill the paper with better and more detailed writing, but the process you just went through gives you the tools to write a solid and well-informed research paper (or pursue personal/professional research).
When your project is done, upload it here. Next class, I will have you briefly talk about your topic and your sources for 3-5 minutes.
If you submit by Sunday, October 29, I will give you feedback and tips on how to get more points. I’ll then let you upload a 2nd draft with an extended due date.
If you submit your 1st draft after Sunday, then it will be your final draft.
If you have any questions or want feedback on your project before you submit it, feel free to contact me by email for help. Congratulations, that’s the last of your homework!
i did my home work it turn out to be worng i need some one to help me redo it correct way this was my profsser comment
This looks similar to your first submission, but with new added information. It still looks like you are writing a report or a paper; I do not want you to actually write a paper talking about virtual reality. Remember, I want you to take your research question (like “How has social media changed marketing?”) and then find four sources. Then, tell me why you picked those four sources. Instead of repeating information on your topic, I want to see that you are thinking about research strategies (how to find different kinds of sources, and how to analyze the sources to see if they’re relevant for your research question). Look at my template document for some examples of how to do this; you will see that I don’t actually write a true report on virtual reality. Instead, for each source, I just talk about the type of source (like book vs article, or popular vs trade vs scholarly). I also mention how each source can be used to answer my research question. This project isn’t really about your topic, it’s about doing research.
I just checked your class average, and right now it’s about a D, in part because you have no grade for the final project. Your attendance grade looks good, but I think you struggled keeping up with the homework and the quizzes (it can be hard to catch up when you register late). To get a passing grade, you would need at least a B on the final project, which would not be impossible, but it would be difficult since I usually deduct points for late submissions. Remember that there is much more to this class than locating the marketing books; the final project is your opportunity to show that you know how to:
take a topic and understand how to turn it into a research question
use keywords and the library catalog/databases to find all types of sources
distinguish different types of information (looking at factors like format, who wrote it, and what audience it was written for)
use citations to document where your information came from
Demonstrating that you’ve done each of these a recipe for success! This is a very new concept for many students, because they are used to just doing a quick Google search and using the first few sources they see without doing much critical analysis. Sometimes it takes a lot of practice before you can get really good at it, so don’t be discouraged if it still doesn’t quite make sense yet.
i will update u an example to see
i would like my topic about how soical media change every year