Required Readings Garthwait, C. L. (2017). The social work practicum: A guide and workbook for students (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson. Chapter 10, “Cultural Competence” (pp. 110-124)….
ISSC_641 WK 1 Ass Pages 2
In order to complete assignment #1 you will need to answer the below questions. Please complete the questions in a Word document and then upload the assignment for grading, also please paste your answers in the text box. When assigning a name to your document please use the following format (last name_Assignment #). Use examples from the readings, lecture notes and outside research to support your answers. All questions must answered with viable support and detail. Your answer cannot simply be a cited source answering the question. Please be sure to follow APA guidelines for citing and referencing source. Assignments are due by 11:55 pm Eastern time on Sunday.
This assignment is a summative assessment for Course Objective 1.
1. What is the difference between active and passive security threats?
2. List and briefly define 3 categories of passive and active security attacks.
3. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security services.
4. List and briefly define at least 3 categories of security mechanisms.
5. Create a matrix highlighting the relationship between the security services and the mechanisms listed in questions 3 and 4. Place services to the left (vertically), the mechanism to the right (horizontally), then place an X for the applicable mechanisms to the services.
6. What are the essential differences of a symmetric cipher?
7. How many keys are required for two people to communicate via a symmetric cipher?
8. What is triple encryption?
9. List ways in which secret keys can be distributed to two communicating parties.
10. What are the fundamental differences between AES, DES, and 3DES?
Assignment Rubric (100 Points)
Synthesis of Concepts60Writing Standards – APA format20Timeliness20