IOM Future of Nursing Report and Nursing. The founding documents of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) call for experts to discuss, debate, and examine possible solutions for the multitude of complex health concerns. However, such concerns face the United States and the world. Moreover, equally important is the timely implementation of those solutions in a way that improves health. Therefore, the United States is at an important crossroads as health care reforms are being carried out and the system begins to change.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
The possibility of strengthening the largest component of the health care workforce—nurses—to become partners and leaders. in improving the delivery of care. Moreover, the health care system as a whole inspired the IOM to partner with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). in creating the RWJF Initiative on the Future of Nursing, at the IOM.
IOM Future of Nursing: What to Include
- Describe the work of the Robert Wood Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Outline the four “Key Messages” that structure the IOM Report recommendations.
- Explain how these have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development. Provide examples.
- Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions.
- Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
- Research the initiatives on which your state’s action coalition is working.
- Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
- Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.