demonstrates critical analysis of in one of current issues related to the relations between UAE and Africa or the Gulf as a and Africa based on primary and secondary sources.
will be evaluated based on the rubric that assure commitment to the due dates, the demonstration of understanding of concepts studied in the class, relevant research, and the ability to apply concepts from class to that research and to defend paper and answer the questions on the class discussion.
Illegal immigration in Africa and the UAE’s position on.
2. Terrorism in East Africa and the UAE’s position on.
3. Maritime piracy in Africa and the UAE’s position on.
4. Human trafficking and the UAE’s position on.
5. Conflict of the Nile Basin countries and the position of the Emirates on.
6. Conflict in the Horn of Africa and the position of the Emirates on.
What is Human Trafficking
7. The Moroccan-Algerian conflict (Western Sahara) and the UAE’s position on.
8. Sino-American rivalry in the Horn of Africa and the UAE’s position on it.
9. African issues in the SC/ UN and the UAE’s position on (voting directions).
10. The role of relief institutions in mitigating the effects of conflicts: The Emirates Red Crescent in Africa, a case study.
11. The role of economic aid in achieving development in Africa: The Emirates and Africa: a case study.
12. The impact of the Stereotype type on international relations: a case study of the Emirati-African relations.
13. Student exchange and its impact on international relations: Emirates and Africa: case study.
14. The Africa and the UAE islands problem.
15. – The role of giant Emirati companies in Africa in promoting Emirati-African cooperation
16. African investments in the UAE: opportunities and challenges.
17. Emirati investments in Africa: opportunities and challenges.
18. Emirati Mediation/intervention in African Disputes: Opportunities and Limitations of Success.