How President Hugo Chavez and Venezuela challenge American imperialism in Latin America? Which Latin American countries have been the major supporters of Chavez and Venezuela in challenging US imperialism? The final project is a term paper on a Latin American issue. Your final paper should include at least ten references, and at least five of these references should be from peer-reviewed sources.You may communicate with your Open Learning Faculty Member as you develop your chosen project idea from the list below. You will complete and submit your final project after you have completed Assignment.
How President Hugo Chavez
Keep notes of ideas, points, and issues as your work through the course modules and record your questions and reflections about what grabs your interest or concerns you in each module so that you can draw on your notes when completing your project.Get your own voice on paper first, including the questions that you have in your mind. Then research to explore your own thinking further, to learn what others think of the issue, and to find facts that support or refute your initial views. Answer the questions that were on your mind.
- How has American warmongering disasters in Afghanistan, Iraq, and the Middle East helped Latin America to escape continued US imperialism in Latin America?
- How has the massive increase in migration into the US by Latin Americans changed Latin America? Comment on whether Latin Americans who return to lands which were taken militarily from Mexico by the US should be considered illegal immigrants.
- Has the continued high demand for illegal drugs by Americans caused the drug menace in Mexico? What solutions would you recommend?
- Explain why free trade areas such as NAFTA benefit all of the member countries. Explain how trade is different from colonization. Focus on the key factor that trade is mutually beneficial to all parties because it is voluntary, while colonization benefits the imperial power at the expense of the colonies because it is imposed by military force.
- Explain why it’s impossible for Latin America to develop and increase its per capita income without global free trade, foreign investment, population control, and emigration out of Latin America. Comment on why foreign debt incurred for investment and economic growth is good debt; whereas, foreign debt incurred for private or public consumption is bad debt.