This is a continuation of the first and second assignments and uses your accumulated research. Imagine you are two different lobbyists, supporting two different sides of the policy issue….
HIST 1301 paper
HISTORY 1301 CRITICAL WRITING ASSIGNMENT
A. Select one of the questions below and write an essay consisting of at least 1200 words using the MLA format. The reference page is not included in the essay word count.
B. At least three references are required, and do not use Wikipedia or the textbook, The Unfinished Nation, as sources for this assignment.
C. This paper should be double spaced with 12 point font.
D. Plagiarized papers will result in an automatic F.
Due date: Submit your paper in Canvas in a pdf no later than March 30, before 11:59 pm. Late papers will not be accepted.
1. Discuss the Salem Witch trials, a time of fear and hysteria, and compare this period to at least two other times of paranoia in United States history.
2. Discuss three different causes of the Civil War. Do you think each cause played an equal role leading to war? Which, if any, of the causes that you named had the biggest impact?
3. Discuss the contributions of African Americans to the American Revolution for both, the United States and the British. After winning the Revolutionary War for freedom, what were the viewpoints of the “Founding Fathers” of African Americans, both slaves and free, in the writing of the Constitution?
4. Discuss three different causes of the American Revolution. Do you think each cause played an equal role leading to war? Which, if any, of the causes that you named had the biggest impact?
5. Explain what the Spanish were searching for when Cortes came to the New World, how they successfully conquered the area, and how the Native Americans reacted. Do you agree or disagree with the leadership of Moctezuma. If you were a Native American, how would you have reacted to the Spanish?
6. Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. Describe the groups who supported the idea of a new Constitution and those who opposed the change. Explain the reasons behind each position. If you were a Colonist in the 1770s, tell why you would have supported or opposed a new Constitution.