Health PromotionYou have recently been assigned Health Promotion as a new priority for the upcoming year. Review the C-Span Health Promotion (Links to an external site.)
video and determine how you can use this information to promote health within your community. Explain the importance of health promotion and the impact on the nation and the world. How much should the government play a role in our health? How much should the individual take control of his or her own health? Would it be a more effective strategy to invest in preventive healthcare rather than treating sickness and disease? Provide an argument for and against health promotion.The Health Promotion assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Please use the patient information provided below for this paper.
This assignment assesses intended course outcome(s)
#4 Use information found in patients’ health histories, genograms, and assessments to formulate an individualized plan of nursing care that focuses on the patient’s individual health promotion and disease prevention needs
Students will use the information found in Tina’s history, physical exam, and problem list to formulate an individualized health promotion and disease prevention plan of care. Recommendations should be evidence-based and from credible sources. The readings in module eight contains some suggested sources for obtaining health and screening recommendations for your patient.
The plan for addressing the health promotion and disease prevention needs for your patient should include:
– Age, gender and race of patient
– Education level (health literacy)
– Access to health care
– Is the patient able to afford medications and health diet, and other out-of-pocket expenses?
– Identified health concerns based on screening assessments and demographic information
– What is the patients activity level, is the environment where the patient lives safe for activity
– Nutrition recommendations based on age, race gender and pre-existing medical conditions
– Activity recommendations
– Support systems, family members, community resources
– Recommended health screening based on age, race, gender and pre-existing medical conditions
– Identified knowledge deficit areas/patient education needs (medication teaching etc).
– Self-care needs/ Activities of daily living
* The paper should be written and referenced in APA format and be no longer than 4 pages (excluding cover page and references).
Your paper will be evaluated based on the following criteria: