Health care reform in the United States. You are interested in learning more about the health care reform that is occurring in the United States. You want to determine how this relates to international health care. Using the Internet, and other resources, conduct research and address the following:
• Explain how macroeconomic factors affect health care costs.
• Find comparative statistics for the U.S. health care system and the Canadian health care system. What is currently the major difference between the U.S. health care system and the Canadian health care system?
• By comparing and analyzing the Canadian and the U.S. health care systems, describe how financing is provided to both national health care systems.
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 2 references using APA format.
Health care reform in the United States
SECTION 2 (2 pages)
You are currently working as an administrative assistant for a large metropolitan hospital. You have been asked to prepare an article for the hospital newsletter about international health care. The following are the items you have been asked to include:
• List and explain reasons why the health status of a country plays an important role in its economic status.
• Create a table that shows how the access, quality, and cost of health care are influenced by the low-income, middle-income, and high-income status of an economy.
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 4 references using APA format.
SECTION 3 (2 pages)
As a health care professional for an international health care network, you plan to visit 7 foreign countries this year as part of a communicable disease prevention program. Before you travel, you need to provide information to your assistants about the health care services in the countries you will be visiting, as well as on the World Health Organization (WHO), the agency that is concerned with international public health.
Research using other resources to address the following:
• Provide examples that show how the WHO is involved with global health care assistance.
• Explain the role that the WHO plays in the prevention of communicable diseases.
• Select 7 foreign countries, and briefly describe the communicable disease situation in the selected countries. Include your statistics in a table format.
• What are the possible sources of financing for programs like the one in which you are involved?
Be sure to support your information by citing at least 2 scholarly references using APA format.
SECTION 4 (3 pages)
Select 1–3 foreign countries, and provide the following information about the access, quality, and cost of health care:
• Compare a foreign country’s quality of care to the United States’ quality of care.
• Compare a foreign country’s cost of health care to the United States’ cost of health care.
• Compare 1 of the foreign countries’ access to medical care to the United States’ access to medical care.
• Give examples of how the World Health Organization (WHO) helps to provide health care in times of need.