Advanced practice nurse role in quality improvement inclusive of shaping health policy. Integrate project management strategies and skills needed to be successful in managing a quality initiative.Utilize scientific rigor in….
Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
Evidence-Based Practice Change Process. To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice issue.
- Identify the topic and the nursing practice issue related to this topic. (This MUST involve a nursing practice issue.)
- Briefly describe your rationale for your topic selection. Include the scope of the issue/problem.
- Describe the practice problem in your own words and formulate your PICOT question.
- List and briefly describe other sources used for data and information. List any other optional scholarly source used as a supplement to the systematic review in APA format.
- Briefly summarize the main findings (in your own words) from the systematic review and the strength of the evidence.
- Outline one or two evidence-based solutions you will consider for the trial project.
- Identify care standards, practice guidelines, or protocols that may be in place to support your intervention planning .
- List your stakeholders (by title and not names; include yourself) and describe their roles and responsibilities in the change process.
- What specifically is your nursing role in the change process? Other nursing roles?
- List your stakeholders by position titles (charge nurse, pharmacist, etc.).-Why are the members chosen (stakeholders) important to your project?
- What type of cost analysis will be needed prior to a trial? Who needs to be involved with this?
Evidence-Based Practice Change Process: IMPLEMENTATION
- Describe the process for gaining permission to plan and begin a trial. Is there a specific group, committee, or nurse leader involved?
- Describe the plan for educating the staff about the change process trial and how they will be impacted or asked to participate.
- Outline the implementation timeline for the change process (start time/end time, what steps are to occur along the timeline).
- List the measurable outcomes based on the PICOT. How will these be measured?
- What forms, if any, might be used for recording purposes during the pilot change process. Describe.
- What resources are available to staff (include yourself) during the change pilot?
- Will there be meetings of certain stakeholders throughout the trial? If so, who and when will they meet?