Evaluate the role of race in voting patterns and voter turnout
Discuss the strategies and tactics used by the African American Civil Rights Movement, the American Indian Movement, and the Chicano Movement to push for racial justice and the end of discrimination and segregation.
2. Describe the backlash to the Civil Rights Movement from whites, and explain how it lead to the creation of the so-called Southern Strategy.
3. Explain why non-whites are underrepresented in the American electorate and how American politics continues to be racially polarized.
What factors influence voter turnout?
4. Evaluate the role of race in voting patterns and voter turnout.
5. How has voting patterns changed in 2020-2021?
6. Discuss how political campaigns have shifted from class-based appeals to race-based appeals and how”dog whistles”