Ethics Assignment. Review the DeGrazia et al., (2015) article (posted on Blackboard), looking for evidence of any ethical or legal issues that arose in the study and how the researchers dealt with the issues. Please answer all of the following questions in your reading of the article:
- Why are the subjects in this study considered ethically vulnerable? (15 points) Hint look at your textbook for the answer.
- Identify the possible physical risks authors listed to the subjects by participating in this study. (15 points)
- Which ethical protections should be put in place to protect these subjects from harm? (15 points) List three.
- What should specifically be included in the informed consent? Hint: look at the sample on BB (15 points)
- What evidence do the authors provide that the Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviewed the study and that appropriate informed consent was obtained? Tip: this information is found in the method/procedure section of a published study(15 points)
- How do the authors minimize the risks to the subjects? (10 points)
- In your opinion, do the potential benefits of this treatment outweigh the potential risks to the infant (subject)? Why or why not? ***For only this question there are no right or wrong opinions or positions as long as they are based on a