Imagination is often thought of as not real. This is simply not true. Your imagination is very real. Your personality, self esteem, and they way you see life is determined….
ENG 201 01 Summer I Essay Assignment (first draft)
there is sample file word, take a look at it
· Due: Draft 1 (1-2 pgs.)—Thursday, May 26, at 1:00 p.m. EST
Draft 2 (3-4 pgs.)—Thursday, June 4, at 1:00 p.m. EST
Final (5-6 pgs.)—Thursday, June 9, at 1:00 p.m. EST
· Length: 5-6 pages (double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, 1 inch margins, not including list of Works Cited)
· Format: MLA or APA style (including in-text citations and list of Works Cited/References)
· Submit to: Moodle and Taskstream (as .doc or .docx files)
· Prompt: Use one of the critical reading strategies we are studying this semester (psychological, biographical, or gender) to analyze a literary work by one of the authors listed below. Suggested texts are indicated in parentheses next to each author’s name. It is imperative that you work on this assignment consistently throughout the term.
· Organize your essay around a thesis that is clear, specific, and debatable. There is information about thesis development here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/616/02/.
· When doing research to learn more about the author and text, be sure to use scholarly sources. There is information about distinguishing between scholarly and popular sources here: http://www.library.vanderbilt.edu/peabody/tutorial_files/scholarlyfree/. A good database to begin your research with is the Literary Reference Center Plus (access available through TU’s library website). Here is a link to the library’s website: http://www.tiffin.edu/library/.
Al-Sanea, Rajaa (Girls of Riyadh)