Effective mental illness management & treatment
develop a solution for the critical issue of your choosing. Write a persuasive letter to be published to a professional journal justifying the solution you propose for that issue. Write the letter as if you are a health care manager in a health care organization of your choosing, to an audience of health professionals.
The APA formatted Op Ed letter should include an introduction, a few paragraphs arguing for your proposition, and a strong closing statement. Closely follow the guidelines in the required reading document How to Write an Op Ed and Letter to the Editor (Look at additional materials section for reference):
1. Address the letter directly to the audience of health professionals.
2. Introduce yourself as a health care manager and explain what type of health organization you represent.
3. Frame and define the issue. Your letter should reflect to the audience that you are well-versed in the history and background of the issue, know the stakeholders involved, and use language that represents you are knowledgeable in critical issues of health care.
4. Present your proposed resolution plan for this issue.
5. Support why you believe your solution will be successful demographically, financially, and institutionally, using evidence-based research.
6. Use communication strategies to create buy-in from key stake holders such as individual providers, institutional providers (i.e. hospitals), Congress, pharmaceutical companies etc.
7. Address how your proposal would be financed and any impacts on health care reimbursement.