I. Write the letter of the correct answer. _____
1. Why did plants call producers? They _____________.
Make their own food
Provide food for other organisms
All of the above ______
2. Why did animals call consumers? They ______________.
Do not eat plants
Produce their own food
Depend on other plants’ food
Depend on plants for protection ______
3. Which of the following can cause dead plants and animals to decay and turn into useful substances?
4. Which of these materials is NOT needed during photosynthesis?
5. The transfer of food energy from the producers to a series of the consumer is called
All of the above ________
6. The plant gives off______ which animals and human beings breathe in order to live.
7. What activity can disturb the carbon dioxide oxygen cycle in an aquarium?
Placing enough amount of water.
Placing an equal amount of plants and fishes.
Putting too many fishes with a small number of plants.
Placing the aquarium in a place where there is enough sunlight. ________
8. Which is the correct sequence of organisms in a food chain?
Rice grain chick hawk decomposers
Chick hawk rice grains decomposers
Hawk rice grains decomposers chicks
Rice grains decomposers chick hawk ________
9. What does a food web show? It shows
A series of food links
The role of the consumers
A series of eating activities
An interlink among food chain ________
10. What is the role of producers in a food chain?
They make their own food.
They feed primary consumers.
They replace nutrients in the soil.
They provide oxygen in the air. ________
11. Photosynthesis is performed by
12. The role or profession of an organism in an ecosystem is it’s
13. What happens in a food chain?
Energy is lost to the air.
Energy is transferred from producer to consumer.
Energy is transferred from consumer to producer.
Energy is increased from consumer to another consumer. _________
14. Why are decomposers important?
They break down complex wastes into simple materials.
They provide carbon dioxide and oxygen to the soil.
They deplete the soil of nitrogen and other minerals.
They make the soil dry. _________
15. What is transferred in a food web?
II. Fill in the blanks. Choose your answer from the list below.
16. Plants are called_______________________ because they manufacture their own food.
17. __________________ shows the path way of food from producers to a series of consumers.
18. When several food chains are interwoven and taking place in a particular community, a ___________________ results.
19. The chemical energy of food taken from the plants is trans fomed in the bodies of______________________.
20. The_____________ is the main source of energy for all living things.