You have just been hired as the Security Manager of a medium-sized Financial Services company employing 250 people in New Hampshire, and have been asked to write two new….
Week 1 6446 Counseling Children and Adolescents
You must use the Readings
· Carr, A. (2016). Family therapy for adolescents: A research- informed perspective. Australian and New Zealand journal of family therapy, 37(4), 467-479.
· Clark, C. (2013). Irreducibly human encounters: Therapeutic alliance and treatment outcome in child and adolescent psychotherapy. Journal of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, 12, 228-243.
· Fitzpatrick, M. R., & Irannejad, S. (2008). Adolescent readiness for change and the working alliance in counseling. Journal of Counseling & Development, 86(4), 438–445.
· Boyatzis, C. J., & Junn, E. N. (2016). Annual editions: Child growth and development (22nd ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.
o Shulevitz, J., “ Why Fathers Really Matter” (p. 87) o Rosin, H. “The Overprotected Kid” (p. 91)
· Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Milestone checklists. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/pdf/checklists/Checklists- with-Tips_Reader_508.pdf
· Center on the Developing Child. (n.d.) Three core concepts in early development. Retrieved from https://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/three-core- concepts-in-early-development/
· Center on the Developing Child (2007). The science of early childhood development (InBrief). https://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/inbrief-science-of- ecd/
· Mercer, J. (2017). Evidence of potentially harmful psychological treatments for children and adolescents. Journal of Child and Adolescent Social Work, 34(2), 107–125.
· NASW (2003). NASW Standards for the Practice of Social Work with Adolescents. Retrieved
from https://www.socialworkers.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=rU t4ybE_GW4%3D&portalid=0
Strengths and Limitations
a brief description of the population and one child or adolescent issue (i.e., social, emotional, behavioral) with which you might be interested in working and explain why. Then, describe one professional strength that may contribute to your effectiveness in working with this population. Finally, explain why it is important for you to assess your strengths and limitations as a clinician working with children and adolescents before working with this population. Be specific and use examples to illustrate your points.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the week’s resources.