Did colonialism play a critical role in the rise of industrial capitalism
Did colonialism play a critical role in the rise of industrial capitalism in
2. To what extent does Ricardo’s Labour Theory of Value propose a radically different interpretation of international trade relations than the mercantilists?
3. What does the Marxian analysis of the social relations of production bring to the study of International Political Economy?
4. Critically assess the nature of the economic system as it was it was viewed by the marginalists.
5. In what ways can race be incorporated in an IPE feminist critique of: (1)reproductivework; OR
(2) global production networks; OR
(3) microcredit as a development strategy.
(Please choose only one option).
6. Are capital controls necessary for effective full employment policies? Critically discuss how the Bretton Woods System relates Keynesian principles and how international capital market liberalisation impacts economic policy.
7. What does a post-colonial perspective bring to the study of the world economic system?
9. Did neoliberalism solve the social and economic problems of the 1970? Critically assess neoliberalism and its impact.
10.In what fruitful ways can neo-Gramscian hegemony be deployed in analyses of how power operates in the contemporary global economy?