External Environmental Scan In order to develop effective strategies, it is critical to understand the marketplace environment. In this assignment, you will explore the relationship between marketplace positioning based….
Must be original with check for originality due April 24, 2018 5pm eastern time no exception.
How Historical Events Have Changed Crisis Negotiation
Write a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding cover and reference pages) that describes the historical events that influence contemporary culture. Describe how the historical events of two of the incidents below led to a change in the application of crisis negotiation.
• The Riot at the Attica Prison on September 9, 1971
• The 1972 Olympic Terrorist attack in Munich, Germany
• The 1975 South Moluccan train hostage crisis
• The 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff
• The 1993 Branch Davidian siege at Waco
• The 1996 Freemen Standoff
• The 2004 Lewis State Prison (Arizona) hostage taking
After describing the effects those two incidents had on the application of crisis negotiations give additional examples of types of violent situations that may require a crisis negotiator and how crisis negotiations may help successfully resolve those type situations.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
• Include a cover page and references page in 10–12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
• Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
• Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
• Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
• Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
• Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
• Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
• Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
• Use examples to support your discussion
• Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format
Lastly, please label your projects: username-project-unit#.doc. For example, a student named Tina Allen would name her file TAllen-Anatomical Terminology-Unit 5.doc. Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 5: Assignment in the Dropbox by the end of Unit 5.
Checklist for the Unit 5 Assignment
Criteria: Ask yourself the following questions.
Did you identify three or more elements of a violent situation and demonstratehow the combination of elements together increase the need for negotiations?
Did you demonstrate a clear and complete understanding of violent situations as they relate to a specific incident or example and accurately connect it to crisis negotiation principles?
Did you demonstrate a clear and detailed understanding of three or more aspects of violent situations and how they relate to crisis negotiations?
Did you evaluate three or more violent situations and accurately determined, in all cases, the role of crisis negotiations?
Did you demonstrate exemplary comprehension of historical events influencing contemporary culture; synthesize historical factors to larger societal and personal contexts; evaluate the strengths and limitations of historical events in both theoretical and applied situations?
Is your research current?
Did you discuss all the required areas in a substantive manner?
Did you use appropriate reference material to support major statements?
Is your content complete enough to address the topic and questions?
Is there a logical flow to your ideas?
Did you present the material in a clear and concise manner to provide easy readability?
Did you prepare your project as a Microsoft Word document?
Did you label your file correctly?
Did you use APA format to cite your sources?
Did you check your document for grammar and spelling?
Does your Assignment fulfill the length requirements?