Country Analysis Questions
The following questions will help you analyze the selected country that you will discuss in your
● What is the official name of your selected country?
● What region of the world is this country located in? Who are the country’s neighbors?
● How would you describe the country’s physical features and climate?
● What environmental problems does the country face?
● What type of government does your selected country have? What types of ideologies influence
● How many people serve in the country’s military?
● What are the domestic issues in the country?
● What is the average life expectancy?
● What is the country’s birth rate, maternal mortality rate, and infant mortality rate?
● What are the country’s major infectious diseases? What is the rate of HIV/AIDS infection?
● What percentage of the population is literate?
● How many years, on average, do people attend school?
● Is school free and/or a requirement?
● What is the country’s official language? What other languages are spoken?
● What is the ethnic composition? Religious composition? Racial composition?
● What is the economic system in your selected country?
● What is the country’s gross domestic product (GDP)?
● What are some of the country’s natural resources?
● What is the country’s currency? Is it stable?
● Was the country ever a colony? If so, of which country? When did your selected country become
● Did the country ever colonize another country? If so, for how long?
● What are some major events/conflicts in the country’s history? Why are they important?