DIRECTIONS: You will submit a total of 5 separate posts for this unit. 1) Answer any THREE of the questions listed below. You may pick three questions from the same chapter or three questions from three….
CIS 599 Discussion Responses
There are two discussions here that need to be responded to thoroughly. Responses must be on APA format 150+words 1-2 legitimate verifiable sources per response.
CIS5599 discussion 1 post responses.
Respond to the colleagues posts regarding:
“Factors” Please respond to the following:
• Identify three factors to consider in determining the competitive value of information technology. Justify the selected factors.
• Of the factors selected, determine if each factor is applicable to all businesses and industries, and explain why or why not.
HTs post states the following:
Factor one: Process changes
Information technology changes the way industries operate by creating new efficient ways of performing old task sometimes in conjunction with lean six sigma. Once a new process has been introduced and it creates a monetary value then the entire industry must change to keep up kind of in a follow the leader fashion.
Factor two: Increased communication
Rapid communications can help increase productivity, allow for better business decision-making and ease a company’s expansion into new territories or countries (Acevedo, 2019). Information technology equipment and software are at the backbone of every company’s communications structure. Without these tools routine and critical information could not be received in an almost instant fashion.
Factor three: Cost Reduction and Economic Efficiencies
Companies can harness information technology resources to lower their costs. Using IT infrastructure, redundant tasks can be centralized at one location. For example, a large company could centralize their payroll function at one location to lower employee costs (Acevedo, 2019).
I believe all 3 factors are applicable to any industry because one of the first things to happen when new employee onboards a company is to setup network access, email, and workstation. Without these 3 things most employees cannot work on the first day and if they do not require a personal email and account they are trusted with a generic account. As much as I have taken insults and criticism over the years of me doing IT one thing is for certain when technology does not work everyone comes crawling and begging for help.
Acevedo, L. (2019, February 5). Business Benefits of Information Technology. Retrieved from https://smallbusiness.chron.com/business-benefits-information-technology-4021.html
CIS599 discussion 2 post responses.
Respond to the colleagues posts regarding:
“Reasoned Responses” Please respond to the following:
• Take a position on whether or not the CIO should develop reasoned responses that are driven by the company objectives. Explain your position.
• Explain how IT strategy facilitates organizational decisions that are related to the forces that shape the role of IT within an organization (consider domestic and global environments).
KJ’s post states the following:
• Analyze how social media provides a competitive advantage for an organization’s Web strategy, given that many companies have started hiring personnel to handle Facebook and Twitter posts. Explain why a robust Web presence matters to company executives.
The importance of social media in business is growing at warp speed. With such amazing growth, every business today needs to leverage proper social media channels in the best possible way. Not because it’s the “in thing”, and not because it sounds simple, but because their target audience is hanging around the popular social networks. And they’re engaging with their favorite brands and connecting with them on different levels. By using social media, businesses can generate more business by announcing new products and can also connect with customers that use the products so it makes digital marketing easier. One benefit about social media is digital advertising. Companies can place ads on social media sites to consumer will see it when they are using the social media platform.
• Imagine that you are the CIO of a well-established company. State three compelling reasons why your company should utilize social media to attain a competitive advantage and explain your answer.
Three reasons to use social media are:
• Increase brand awareness – Social media is one of the most cost-efficient digital marketing methods used to syndicate content and increase business’ visibility. Implementing a social media strategy will greatly increase brand recognition since you will be engaging with a broad audience of consumers.
• Increase website traffic – Social media posts and ads are keyways to drive traffic to the company’s website. Consumers might click on an ad for something they see and like and it will direct them to your company’s website.
• Cost effective – Social media is one of the best ways to market the company’s product. Most social media are free to use so companies can create a free account and start advertising their business.
Media, W. (n.d.). 10 Advantages of Social Media Marketing for Your Business. Retrieved May 20, 2020, from https://www.bluefountainmedia.com/blog/advantages-of-social-media-marketing
The Importance of Social Media in Business for Entrepreneurial Success. (2019, August 02). Retrieved May 20, 2020, from https://www.lyfemarketing.com/blog/importance-social-media-business/