Using the Ashford University Library, find a scholarly business research article on a topic you may want to write about for your final paper. Sample topics include, but are not….
Changing in Becoming
Connect the developmental theory of Erick Erickson’s Psychosocial Stages to the narrative in Michelle Obama’s Becoming. By examining her narrative in Ch 5 & 6, the goal is to analyze where Erickson’s theories seem to hold true and where they may fall short. For this assignment it should be anywhere from: 500-1000 words,
In one to two paragraphs, create your own developmental theory of change for Michelle Obama’s narrative of adolescence and young adulthood in Becoming. How is she growing, changing, and learning as a person?
As she describes going to her new schools, encountering new groups of people, social contexts, and expectations – how does she make sense of her new situations?
Please use the following as guiding questions:
· How does she change in these new situations?
· How does she stay the same in these new situations?
· Does her understanding of structures of society change as she encounters new experiences?
A. In one paragraph, please describe what Erickson’s theory of psychosocial development is, referencing each of the 8 stages. How does Erickson use stages as a way to describe individual development over the course of a lifetime?
B. In theory, the narrative in Michelle Obama’s Becoming, Ch 5 & Ch 6, would correspond to Erickson’s stages of “Adolescence” and “Young Adulthood.” In a final paragraph or two, please answer the following:
· In what ways does her narrative seem to hold true to Erickson’s stages?
· In what ways does her narrative make you question the “truth” of the stages?
· Please consider – are all of the stages “resolved” in the way that Erickson suggests?