Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
Respond to the items below.
1. What is traditional utilitarianism? With traditional utilitarianism, how do you determine what the moral thing to do on any particular occasion might be? Include mention of the four (4) considerations to determine what the moral thing to do on any particular occasion might be.
2. Why is utilitarianism attractive to many? Discuss three (3) reasons.
3. What is the ecological ethic?
4. How does utilitarianism support the ecological ethic?
5. Access the following article using Ashworth College’s ProQuest library resources:
Anthony, R. (2012). Building a Sustainable Future for Animal Agriculture: An Environmental Virtue Ethic of Care Approach within the Philosophy of Technology. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 25.2, 123-144, found at:
After reading this article, discuss the following:
· How has the dominant philosophy of technology seeded particular ethical consequences that plague the well-being of human beings, the planet, and farm animals?
· Do you agree with the author that we should accord an environmental virtue ethic of care–understood as caretaking? Why or why not? Provide at least two supporting reasons.