author’s style such as mood, tone, pacing, figurative language, or literary devices?
- Select an author from a short story you have already read.
- Formulate a general research question based on what you know about the author.
- Refine your question so that it is specific and focuses on the author’s style.
- Start researching relevant information to your topic. Use autobiographical or biographical texts about the author as well as critical texts, or texts that discuss the author’s works.
- Synthesize information as you research.
- Write the essay, using at least three references to the short story itself and three references to other sources. Remember to use proper in-text citations for both paraphrases and direct quotations from your sources. Provide a works-cited list at the end of the essay.