A Cultural Transformation at Southeastern Grocers
initiative at SEG. Do not focus on sustaining the changes the company has already undergone. Instead, determine what other change(s) SEG needs to make in addition to those mentioned in the case. Your change initiative must be feasible, concrete, and HR-centric. Consider focusing on one particular workforce topic (e.g., diversity and inclusion, trust in company leadership, attracting new talent) in which HR can lead a significant change. Your plan should contain both an executive business brief and a change vision video:
- Executive Business Brief
Write a 2-3-page brief that identifies a necessary organizational change. Think of this brief as a summary document to be shared with SEG’s senior leadership. Your brief must address the following prompts:
- How would you describe SEG’s company culture?
b. Describe your change initiative. Why is it necessary?
- Explain your change plan:
- What is your change vision? How do you define it?
- Is there a sense of urgency? How will you generate it?
- How will you create a guiding coalition of key stakeholders and early adopters?
- How will you communicate your change vision to SEG employees?
- What are the potential risks of your change initiative?
- How will you determine whether the change initiative is successful?