Lisa Genova is a neuroscientist who has spent many years studying Alzheimer’s. She wrote a book called Still Alice which was made into a movie. This story was about a Harvard Professor who develops early onset Alzheimer’s.
Please answer the following questions while watching the Ted Talk. Use a Word processor to answer the questions before uploading to the Canvas site by the due date. Make sure you use 12-point font and 1-inch margins. Make sure you answer each question in complete sentences!
- What is amyloid beta and how does it lead to amyloid plaques? (4 pts)
- How are amyloid plaques related to the development of Alzheimer’s? (4 pts)
- Dr. Genova discusses risk and protective factors associated with Alzheimer’s:
- How are genetic factors associated with the development of Alzheimer’s? (4 pts)
- What happens in the brain when we get a good night’s sleep? How is poor sleep associated with the development of Alzheimer’s? (4 pts)
- How is cardiovascular health associated with the development of Alzheimer’s? (4 pts)
- Dr. Genova discusses protective factors as well:
- How is aerobic exercise associated with Alzheimer’s? (3 pts)
- What factors are associated with cognitive reserve? (3 pts)
- How does cognitive reserve appear to be a protective or resilience factor against the onset of Alzheimer’s symptoms? (4 pts)